So we got to Texas Saturday afternoon, just in time for our birthmom to be released from the hospital. Which is actually great news because we were able to hang out with her, her sister and her sister's family for a long time Saturday night, and then went out to breakfast with them Sunday morning. We got to see the photo album of her family she is putting together for the baby, and really get to know a lot more about her.
We went back to the hospital Sunday night so they could induce, but it turns out someone is VERY comfortable in there and just not ready to come out yet. So after a few hours they let us go - though we didn't get to see an ultrasound which was really cool!
Our birthmom was told to do as much walking as she can, though in this heat that really isn't much unless she's just walking around the house. We head back to the doctor at 8 am Tuesday morning for another check up and they will decide if they are going to induce or perform a c-section. For the sake of our birthmom I hope the baby is ready to come out!
Fingers still crossed, but I think this is going to be such a strong adoption, with a great relationship with the birthmom. I know I said I wasn't going to say things like that until it was official, but I can't help it - this has been such a wonderful experience so far, and I know that our birthmom is happy with her decision to choose us as her adoptive parents! I feel so lucky! (aye-yay-yay why do I do this to myself?!)
Your One That Got Away
1 week ago