Thursday, August 13, 2009

Last Day?

Since my company found out that I was adopting, they instituted an adoption maternity leave that 100% matches the "regular" maternity leave policy, which means I will get to spend three months at home with my baby. Obviously I am THRILLED with this since most companies don't even have an adoption policy, and certainly not one that matches maternity leave since it isn't mandatory or covered by disability.

Today is my last day at work (KNOCK ON WOOD). We are headed to Texas in just a few days, which leaves me with tomorrow to get everything together and fully prepare. The excitement is tangible and I can't wait to get down to Texas and meet my birthmother and soon-to-be-daughter.

Thank you all for your support and please keep your fingers crossed. I will let you know AS SOON AS it's official!

No comments:

Post a Comment