Tuesday, July 7, 2009

0-2 in 37 Days

So we signed on to adopt a baby. Our first adoption case didn't work out. I've been having a bit of a pity party ever since.

Then yesterday another case worker calls with a very unique situation. She has two kids - a one year old and a two year old (boy and girl) who's mother wants to place them for adoption. Long story short she just wants them to have a better life.

Is it crazy of me to adopt two kids at once? I had really wanted an infant, and experience ALL the "firsts," but the thought of being able to keep siblings together and out of the foster system is hard to turn down.

It would be a lot more challenging - attachment issues, they could have developmental issues, etc. I don't know much about them at this point. Need to talk to the hubby about it, but I just don't know. It's so strange to be in this position of choosing our situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment