Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's A Roller Coaster Over Here!

So my sibling case that seemed destined for failure on Friday took quite a turn over the weekend! We are back on, and it looks like all is in our favor now...we are preparing to go pick up the kids in mid-August!

It's sad to take such joy in someone else's sorrow, but I am so excited to meet my new son and daughter. (This is me playing it cool and keeping my fingers crossed, as I promised hubby I would. I just can't contain excitement!)

I've already started reading up on life with toddlers, and adopting toddlers, since everything I was focusing on up until now was about newborns. So exciting and so much to do! But...fingers crossed!

Off to read my new "What to Expect: The Toddler Years" book!

2 comments:

  1. WOWIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! That's me being as reserved as I can at a time like this. I hope all goes smoothly for everyone.

    If the book doesn't scare you about toddlers, it's not honest enough! :) I'd be happy to enlighten you to the darker side of the toddler mind. Honestly, I'm sure you'll enjoy every hair-raising, heart-stopping minute of it. What a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that's what everyone says. I know other moms will be the best experts when I have a question, but I have to do something to help prepare myself! I went to Barnes and Noble this morning to pick out some children's books, including some lovely adoption stories. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete