Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Anxious and Hopeful

I'm nervous. My social worker is meeting with my new birthmother today. Of course I'm hoping that everything goes perfectly, but I also hope that there are a lot of questions and serious discussions. I'd rather know now if she's having doubts so that I can be prepared. I was so caught off guard with the first two cases, but I don't want to be cynical about this case.

She seems to have a great attitude towards adoption, and has specific goals for her future. But we all know that goals and plans change. So for now I am just trying to keep myself busy, and not stare at my cell phone as I wait for the social worker to call me and let me know how it went today.

I also don't think that my company is taking this case seriously. I haven't heard back from HR if they have found any candidates to even start interviewing, and my boss is now beginning to take work away from our account teams and put it back on me. Kind of the opposite of what I was hoping would happen. But work is work, and if/when the call comes that I have to head to the hospital, I AM GOING, and everything I'm working on will just get reassigned as quickly as I can make it happen.

STRESS..............

No comments:

Post a Comment